Friday, March 6, 2009

Costa Rica Let Down

James and I were so excited to find out that he had won a trip to Costa Rica for being one of the top salesmen for his company last year...until one month before we were supposed to go I was told by my current doctor and my old doctor that I shouldn't go due to where I am at in my pregnancy and the fact that Costa Rica is not known for it's awesome medical facilities and care. I feel a little silly admitting it but I was completely devastated - I became a professional ball baby for the next week(I like to blame this on my lovely erratic pregnancy hormones). So in the end James went to Costa Rica with his Dad and had a great time and I got the awesome privilege of spending a fun-filled week at home with my kids!(But I am not bitter!) I have decided that this baby had better be the best baby yet - good sleeper, great temperament, etc - because he owes his mama!

Ok - I am done venting - James is home now and life is back to normal chaos with 3 months left until even greater McDougal chaos!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's hard being the mom because not only do you go through so much emotionally with your children but it also puts a physical toll on your body. In a few years James will surprise you with an exotic vacation and you'll forget Costa Rica... maybe. :)