Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Old San Fran!!!








Wow - I am a little behind --ok, a whole summer behind but I am going to try and catch up a little on some of our fun summer stuff.

James and I had the opportunity to spend a few days in San Francisco during May. James had to be there for a work conference and then I flew in at the end of his conference and meet him and we stayed through the weekend. What a great Mother's Day get away - we had such a great time. The first night we were there was my favorite part -- we went and saw "Wicked" for the first time - it was awesome! The next day we shopped all around Union Square (which is also where our hotel was located) until James was ready to drop, of course I could of kept going for days! We spent Saturday at Alcatraz - we took a boat ride over, which was beautiful just to be able to see the Golden Gate bridge and the Bay Bridge at the same time. Alcatraz was amazing, we did the recorded/self guided tour of the prison and island and it was extremely interesting, even for me(because we all know that James loves that kind of stuff). I can't imagine being an inmate or worker at that place. Later that afternoon we headed over to Pier 39 and hit the aquarium and enjoyed all the shops and great seafood. On Sunday we headed over to the Golden Gate Bridge and took a walking tour of the bridge, I think it was so much more interesting than just walking it on our own. The stories behind the building of the bridge were incredible. We also went to the Academy of Sciences Museum and saw some great exhibits and aquariums. This day ended with a delicious meal and scrumptious cheescake at the Cheesecake Factory - Happy Mother's Day to me! Our last morning we spent checking out China Town which is always an adventure, we got to splurge on an awesome checkered umbrella to save us from the sudden down pour of rain that ended up lasting about a total of 10 minutes after our purchase! All in all a great weekend with the hubby and no kids!!!

2 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

I love San Francisco! How fabulous you two got a couples weekend. Looks like you lived it up and saw it all. Breaks from the kiddies are so under-rated, right?

Jeffrey said...

James,

Call me ASAP.

Jeff
801-510-2611