Friday, September 19, 2008

Can you say "Little Miss Homemaker"!




Ok, so as I was looking back on the past week - I thought to myself, when did I get this old?

First I was called into Young Women's as the Beehive Adviser this past Sunday and as I have started hanging out with these awesome girls I realized that even though it seems just like the other day that I was there age - it was actually many, many days ago!

Then to make me feel even more "maternal" I decided that I was going to tackle the task of canning and freezing this fall. So off to Grandma's for some tomatoes in which I made salsa and canned tomatoes and then thanks to my nice brother in law who was in Perry I was blessed with a bushel of fresh peaches. I am so sick of blanching and peeling produce I could puke... but overall I am very excited at what I accomplished!

Also - for all you fellow BHS graduates out there -- guess who is the mia maid adviser - good old Mrs. Watts from adult roles - she is now a counselor at Bountiful. She is a great lady and great with the girls. Small world!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Well I only did nectarines and only got about 4 containers of freezer jam. Now I know where to go when my supply runs low:) BTW You need to specify BHS graduates. Half of us went to the cool BHS and the rest of you went to the "other" BHS. I'm sure you can figure out who I'm talking about:)

McDougal's said...

Good Job Woman! Your awesome. Thanks for the help with the peaches...sugar does make a difference. I love the pics

MorrisFamilyMemories said...

You didn't get a picture of Elli with pepper in her eye? Probably the last thing you were thinking at the time.
Love ya.

The Anderson's said...

Way to go Christi! Shane is freezing all of our tomatoes for a great big salsa cookoff. Do you have a good recipe? I REALLY miss ya being my Activity day partner. I feel so lost without you!