Friday, April 23, 2010





I can't believe my baby girl is 5 years old! When the kids turn 5, they get their first "friend birthday party"...so this was Elli's big year! She wanted to have a Princess Party - so all her friends dressed as their favorite princess and we played all Princess games including pin Cinderella in the castle, pass the glass slipper, princess dress up relay, decorated "princess picture frames" and of course ate cake!
Her cake was awesome - it was a pink purse that my neighbor made and the girls all loved it... I had a hard time when it came time to cut into the masterpiece! Elli had a great time being a Princess for a day!(who am I kidding, she thinks she's a Princess every day!)
She also got to celebrate her birthday with all the McDougal side of the family at Chuck E Cheese with her cousins, Olivia and Shelby, who also have March birthdays - what could be more fun than bad pizza, delicious cake and ice cream and all the germs...oh I mean games you could wish for!
As if 2 parties wasn't enough, we then had a party celebration with cousin Adam and all the Gallacher side of the family also - there is nothing like a whole week of parties to keep our little red head grounded!!
I can't believe she has gotten so big...she will be starting Kindergarten this summer and she keeps all of us on our toes with her crazy personality and attitude. The other morning she came in at her normal 7am to let me know that she was starving and that she needed her daily dose of oatmeal and she couldn't wait another minute (which basically explains anything in Elli's life)...so I said to her "I think you have a hole in your stomach because you are always hungry" and she responded very matter of factly, "No Mom, that is my belly button and it can't leak".
We love our little Elli!

2 comments:

Megan said...

So cute! Elli and Addie are two peas in a pod for sure! Cute pictures of her party! LOVE it!

The Teeples Times said...

How fun - princess parties....something I'll never know about! I can't believe she's 5 already - WOW!! She looks adorable!